Hello and Good-bye!

I've created this blog for several reasons, primarily as a way to stay in touch, without staying in touch. There are a lot of folks who've expressed interest in this solo adventure of mine and so I welcome the cyber company as I travel this great country.







Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blog #1....Takin' to the Highway

Let me say how very happy I am that finally this blog is ready to go, as I let out a huge sigh of relief.  As always, the 11th hour.
I've been here three weeks and have had the time of my life.  It's been exactly what I needed as the following accounts will attest.  I enclose some pictures for your viewing pleasure.  So, come on along and let's see what's out here in this great big country of ours!
The woods above the tracks in Revelstoke, great walking for those of us with sore feet, like walking on carpet.

The top of the gondola at the Revelstoke ski hill.  There was absolutely no snow at the lower level near the lodge.  A very bad year for skiing according to the locals.
Jean taking pictures with children playing.  Looks like we're on top of the world but really we're barely half way up.  Can you image the view from the top? 
After mid month, the average temp. was 25 degrees so needless to say things started to bloom.
If you look close enough you can see he's got himself a worm
A close up of Mt. Begbie.  The view from the kitchen nook.

2 comments:

  1. Hi - nice pix, cool trip. You haven't driven across the country til you get north to Yukon Territory - as far from NL as you can get and still be in Canada. Dawson City is a writer's dream.
    Just to make it dreamier, if you can afford it, take the Alaska Marine Highway (ferry) from Bellingham, south of Van. Go to Skagway, Alaska, and then drive to Whitehorse and on north. Amazing boat trip, and a chance to relax instead of driving - just sit and watch the amazing scenery go past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia Mary O;Neill--------It was so nice to meet you.I have been questioning why I am where I am-----again!!!!-----Happens when the weather is nice and i am stuck inside and it happens when Its crappy out and I have few customers. Today was just what I needed, I knew that my Aunt and Uncle were comming for a visit, your happening along was the icing on the cake. Its so nice to have travelers arrive at my cafe and share their stories. We plan on having our own road trip someday when I am no longer baking pies . I hope you have a safe and eventful trip. I will try to keep up with your blog---I am so envious----lots of fun to you Patricia Mary O;Neill

    ReplyDelete